Clinical PsychologistRegistered Psychologist AHPRA with Clinical Endorsement
Apart from all mental health issues involving adults and adolescents Olaf’s areas of special expertise include:
- Neuropsychological evaluation including ADHD assessment;
- ADHD Coaching as well as CBT;
- Work with intellectual disabled clients/higher functioning autism disorder clients;
- Forensic evaluation-fitness to stand trial/pre-trial risk assessment;
- Psychological injury assessments;
- Work with clients on mandated treatment (court ordered/Probation);
- Anger management;
- CBT for axis I and II problems including substance abuse;
- Community management of clients with brain injury/ psychological interventions such as memory training and cognitive remediation;
- Post-traumatic stress disorder/adjustment problems after accidents including the provision of EMDR.
Olaf trained in Germany and the UK to Masters Level in Clinical and Forensic Psychology. Between 1995 and 2005 he worked for the NHS in different career grades (Clinical Psychologist, Highly Specialist Clinical Psychologist). During this time he was a member of the BPS and BABCP/UKCP.
Olaf relocated to New Zealand and worked as a Consultant Clinical Psychologist for the Waikeria DHB and as a Senior Psychologist for the Department of Corrections. He attended training in CBT (to accreditation standard in the UK and Germany) EMDR, Anger management, DBT and Cognitive reprocessing therapy. His considered clinical interest is adult male mental health.
Since April 2008, Olaf has been working as an Advanced Clinical Psychologist (HP5) for Queensland Health in Brisbane and has high, frequent involvement in various private practices ranging from high risk forensic work to work under the umbrella of Better Access to Mental Health, Work Cover claims as well as self- funded clients for self-improvement/self-actualisation.
Besides English, Olaf is fluent the German language and has a working knowledge of the Russian language.